Important information for parents and carers
Information regarding the new co-educational school
Ofsted and performance data
Latest report (Ofsted Good)
To read more about the academy:
- Ofsted School Data Dashboard
- DfE Performance Data - Helenswood Academy
- Ofsted ParentView survey results
Key Stage 5 progress information
Key Stage 5 examination results for 2017
Key Stage 4 examination results for 2017
Historical examination results
- Ark Helenswood Academy - KS4 Results 2016
- 2014-2015 KS3 results
- 2014-2015 KS4 results
- 2014-2015 Ark 6th Form results
- Ark 6th Form Destinations September 2015
- 2013-2014 KS3 results
- 2013-2014 KS4 results
- 2013-2014 Parkwood 6th Form Summer 2014 results A2
- 2012-2013 KS3 results
- 2012-13 KS4 Results v2
- 2012-13 KS5 Results
For more information about ARK 6th Form East Sussex, please visit www.ark6thformeastsussex.org.
2017 Examination results headlines
The GCSE examination results for Ark Helenswood Academy show girls at Helenswood made better progress than their peers nationally. The results epitomise the high standards that Helenswood Academy strives for and will allow our girls to access aspirational destinations.
We continue to ensure that students are given excellent provision in order to make strong progress and expect results to continue to improve.
Among Ark Helenswood’s strongest performers in this year’s GCSEs were:
- Nadia Daniel who achieved 2 x 9, 7 x A*, 1 x 8
- Kiera Aslett achieved 1 x 9, 7 x A*, 2 x 8
- Cai Li Heng who achieved 1 x 9, 2 x A*, 5 x A
- Anisha Fernando achieved 1 x 9, 1 x A*, 2 x 8, 4 x A
|Progress 8 Grade||-0.06||+0.08||+0.18|
|Attainment 8 Grade||C||44.8 (C)||46.3|
|Achieving English & Maths Grade 9 - 4||58%||66%|
|Achieving English & Maths Grade 9 - 5||39%||48%|
|EBacc at 5/C||-||10%|
|EBacc at 4/C||-||11%|
Other top performers include:
- Annie Marsh 1 x 9, 1 x A*, 5 x A
- Ella Taylor 1 x 9, 1 x A*, 5 x A
- Michaela Flynn 1 x 9, 1 x 7, 1 x A*, 2 x A
- Phoebe Poole 1 x 9, 3 x A*, 2 x A, 1 x 7
- Alice Jenner 1 x 9, 1 x 8, 4 x A.
Progress students make in the sixth form compared to other providers
Value added refers to the progress students make based upon their prior attainment at GCSE. Students at Ark 6th Form make expected progress at the end of Key Stage 5 in academic subjects. Students achieved broadly in line with national averages for value added (50th percentile ALPS Value Added analysis).
In vocational subjects students make good progress at the end of Key Stage 5 (65th percentile ALPS Value Added Analysis).
Individual subject breakdown (end of Key Stage 5)
Average grade that students achieve in the sixth form
- In 2015/16 students at the end of Key Stage 5 achieved an average grade of C+
- Progress made in English and Maths
- In 2015/16 there were 2 entries without GCSE English (both had prior attainment of a D from Year 11)
- 2 candidates re-sat GCSE English in 2015/16 in Year 12
- In 2015/16 there were 6 candidates without GCSE maths (all had prior attainment of a D from Year 11)
- 6 candidates re-sat GCSE Maths in 2015/16 in Year 12
In 2015/16 student retention at the end of Key Stage 5 was 96% from a total of 88 starts with 4 students withdrawing after 12/10/2015. This figure is slightly above the national average.
In 2015/16 at the end of Key Stage 5 74% of students progressed into further/higher education. 20% of university applicants secured places at Russell Group institutions. 11% took up employment as an apprentice with 15% moving into employment without training.
Good news stories
The Department for Education's school performance data for the school can be found by clicking here.
Our Ofsted data dashboard can be found here.