Year 7 Parents’ Consultation Evening
I would like to remind you that there will be a Year 7 Parents’ Consultation Evening from 4.30 pm – 7.30 pm on Wednesday 18 January 2017. More information at http://arkhelenswood.org/about-us/letters.
Tracking Arts Learning and Engagement
Ark Helenswood is recognised nationally as a school that is at the forefront of arts education. At a crucial time for arts learning in the UK, we continue to recognise the arts as a vital part of our students’ learning and development.
We have been chosen to take part in a major national scheme which will track the effectiveness of arts education and the students’ learning and engagement over a three year period. The programme involves a partnership with the Royal Shakespeare Company, the Tate modern and Nottingham University and we have been chosen to take part as a recognition of the high quality arts work that we deliver.
The most recent blog from our first TALE assessor in the school can be read at TALE Blog.
Vision and values
Ark Helenswood Academy will provide an excellent quality of provision in which every student has the potential to succeed. Our high expectations, broad and relevant curriculum and inspirational teaching mean students will leave well educated, confident and ambitious; students have an excellent understanding of the world they live in. Excellent academic standards allow students to flourish onwards to university or the career of their choice. As a really great school we will do much more than reflect the local community; we will influence it.
A core value is a central belief clearly understood and shared by every member of the school community. We believe in respect, co-operation, excellence and commitment.
By respect we mean that everyone
- values all members of the school community
- displays good manners at all times
- displays tolerance of others with different points of view and beliefs
- shows respect for the school buildings, facilities and surrounding environment
By co-operation we mean that everyone
- works together to achieve a common goal
- provides assistance, especially by complying readily with requests
- asks for help when they need it
- is working together to achieve results
By excellence we mean that everyone
- is proud of personal achievement
- produces work of the highest quality
- sets high standards and personal goals for improvement
- makes best use of talents, time and resources
By commitment we mean that everyone
- shows loyalty to friends, colleagues and the school
- is willing to support and show care for those who need help
- is willing to work to the highest level
- keeps the school rules