Design and Technology
Date of exam: Thursday 20th June in lesson time.
Year 8 Food exams will begin the week starting 3rd June 2019, Year 9 from the week starting 10th June 2019 and Year 7 class 7W2 on Tuesday 25th June and 7W1 on Friday 28th June.
|Year 7||Year 8||Year 9|
Health and safety
|Health & Safety
Equipment and utensils
Rubbing in method
Buying and storing food
Reasons for choice
Allergies and different diets
Packaging and labelling
History Years 7 to 10
Year 10 will also need to revise Western Front. Year 8 Geography will need to revise topics of migration, coasts, population and urbanisation.
- Year 9 - Natural Hazards and Urban Issues.
- Year 10 - Natural Hazards, Ecosystems, Rivers and Urban Issues.
PE assessments will take place in lessons based on practical performances.
Dance and Drama assessments will take place in lessons based on practical performances.
- Year 7 - everything from this year
- Year 8 - everything from year 7 and 8
- Year 9 - everything from this year
Year 9 BTEC Assessments
Students studying BTEC courses in Yr 9 will be assessed though their internally graded coursework, which has been started in lessons.
- Business Studies - Component 1 -Assignment 2 - Market Research - (P3, M2, D2)
- Health and Social Care - Component 1 - Assignment 2 - Coping with Life- (P3,P4, M2,M3,D2)
- Children's Play Learning and Development - Unit 2 - Play and Development- (P1,P2, M1,D1)
- Y10 Exams - 3rd-14th June
- May Half-Term 2019 Revision Sessions
- Summer 2019 Exam Timetable
- Timetabled Components for Summer 2019
Ark Helenswood's exams policy is available to download here:
Our Disability Policy for exams can be read here:
Our Word Processor Policy can be read here:
- Candidate Exam Handbook
- Candidate Identity Procedure
- CED - Ark Helenswood Academy
- Complaints and Appeals Procedure Exams
- Emergency Evacuation Policy (Exams)
- Exam Contingency Plan
- Exam Emergency Evacuation & Lockdown Policy
- GDPR Policy Exams
- Internal Appeals Procedures
- Lockdown Policy Exams
- Managing Poor Behaiour During Exams
- Non-Examination Assessment Policy
- Post-Results Procedure
- Process of Checking Centre Assessor
- Separate Invigilation Policy
- Special Consideraton Policy
- Word Processor Allocation Statement
Other exam documents
- Review of marking External Assessments and Examinations
- ATS consent form
- EAR consent form
- No Mobile Phones Poster