‘Team Valens’ winners of the Burberry Create Project
Parkwood’s Team 'Valens' were crowned winners at the 'Burberry Create' Final on Friday, seeing off completion from other schools in the ARK network.
The final was held at Burberry HQ, in London and was the finale of an eight week project created via The Burberry Foundation, in which students were tasked to 'make their local community smile'. Each week students were set a Burberry Creative Brief, which contributed towards the team's final campaign.
Joel William, Kiya Syrett, Georgia Simes and Holly Crosby (aka Team Valens), presented their final showcase to an array of Burberry employees and staff and students of schools within the ARK network.
Although competition from all schools was strong, the judging team of 3 from Burberry commented on Team Valens:
• Team spirit and clear teamwork throughout the project.
• Use of social media to develop their campaign
• Use of ICT through production of their video journey
• Thought and consideration of their final banner, which tells two stories
• Blending all elements of the 'Burberry' ethos into their campaign.
Team Valens now have the opportunity of a day's experience at Burberry HQ in London, where they will be immersed in the workings of Burberry.
Well done to all a fantastic achievement!