Important information for parents and carers
Information regarding the new co-educational school
The school uniform is an important part of ensuring that we continue to meet our high expectations of attainment, attendance and behaviour.
All students who enter the school as new students are required to purchase the new school uniform. The new school uniform consists of:
- Navy blue blazer with jade green trim and logo - mandatory
- Navy blue v-neck jumper with jade green trim and logo - mandatory
- White long or short sleeved revere blouse, no logo - Terms 1 to 4 - mandatory
- Jade green Helenswood polo shirt - Terms 5 to 6 - mandatory
- Navy Helenswood drop pleated skirt OR navy Helenswood trousers
- Suitable low-heeled black school shoes (no trainers, sandals or boots)
- Navy, black or white ankle/knee length socks or navy, black or beige tights
- Navy blue round-neck sweatshirt with logo
- White polo shirt with green logo
- Navy blue track suit trousers or jogging bottoms with logo
- Predominantly white trainers
- Navy or black shorts
- All Helenswood items carry the school logo and all uniform must be named.
- Please ensure that your daughter has the correct uniform when she leaves for school each morning.
- Black plimsolls are not to be worn in place of low-heeled black school shoes and school tights should be plain navy, black or beige.
- For health and hygiene reasons we do continue to ask that hair is tied back.
- Extreme coloured hair and accessories are not to be worn to school. We are justifiably proud of our school uniform, and want to ensure that all students maintain a high standard of dress.
- Plain navy, black or white ankle/knee socks or navy, black or skin coloured tights.
- Leggings are not permitted.
- A suitable waterproof school bag must be brought to school each day. The bag must be large enough to hold A4 paper without folding.
Wear the Academy uniform correctly:
- No make-up is to be worn, this includes nail varnish and false nails. Girls will be asked to remove the nail varnish and/or make-up.
- No visible piercings except for one pair of small studs. Plasters should not be used to cover piercings nor retainers used. Girls will be asked to remove additional piercings.
- No headphones to be used during the school day.
School uniform is available to purchase online from the supplier. All items of uniform are available for sale and delivery.