Tracking Arts Learning and Engagement
Ark Helenswood is recognised nationally as a school that is at the forefront of arts education. At a crucial time for arts learning in the UK, we continue to recognise the arts as a vital part of our students’ learning and development.
We have been chosen to take part in a major national scheme which will track the effectiveness of arts education and the students’ learning and engagement over a three year period. The programme involves a partnership with the Royal Shakespeare Company, the Tate modern and Nottingham University and we have been chosen to take part as a recognition of the high quality arts work that we deliver.
The most recent blog from our first TALE assessor in the school can be read at TALE Blog.
The school uniform is an important part of ensuring that we continue to meet our high expectations of attainment, attendance and behaviour.
New school uniform
All students who enter the school as new students are required to purchase the new school uniform. The new school uniform consists of:
- Navy blue blazer with jade green trim and logo
- Navy blue V neck jumper with jade green trim and logo
- White long or short sleeved revere blouse, no logo – Terms 1-4
- Jade green Helenswood polo shirt –Terms 5 & 6 only
- Navy Helenswood drop pleated skirt OR navy Helenswood trousers
- Navy or black plain weatherproof coat/jacket
- Suitable low-heeled black school shoes (no trainers, sandals or boots)
- Navy, black or white ankle/knee length socks or navy, black or beige tights
All Helenswood items carry the school logo and all uniform must be named.
Please ensure that your daughter has the correct uniform when she leaves for school each morning.
Black plimsolls are not to be worn in place of low-heeled black school shoes and school tights should be plain navy, black or beige.
For health and hygiene reasons we do continue to ask that hair is tied back.
Extreme coloured hair and accessories are not to be worn to school. We are justifiably proud of our school uniform, and want to ensure that all students maintain a high standard of dress.
School uniform is available to purchase online from the following two suppliers. All items of uniform are available for sale and delivery.